• Call Us +91 08518 255422
Latest News

Superintendent View

Dear Friends,

Govt General Hospital is proud to have served our region since 1986.

Originally the vision of few physicians who recognized our rapidly growing region’s needs for a high- quality medical center, GGH Kurnool has become one of our region's leading hospitals.

GGH Kurnool opened its doors in 1852, with 2 beds, 1 doctor. As part of our commitment to our society, and with the help and support of our employees, physicians and volunteers, we continued over the years to expand our facilities and services.

Today, Patients receive treatment an average of 4,000 to 5,000 a day. Of these, 1, 200 to 1, 300 are admitted. Our 571-member medical staff and 1,702 employees deliver acclaimed cardiac and neurological care, maternity care, paediatrics, wound care and more.

Thanks to our staff members’ dedicated service and commitment to excellence, we have received numerous awards and recognitions. Read More ...

Dr. GS. Ramaprasad, Superintendent, GGH Kurnool.

ABOUT GOVT GENERAL HOSPITAL KURNOOL

In 1852 a small hospital of only two wards was built out provincial funds, in the town, at a cost of about Rs. 5000/-. It functioned as a cost of about Rs. 5000/-. It functioned as a Government Institution till 1866, when it was handed over to the municipality.

Gradually, as necessity arose and as funds were available, additions were made to the building viz, Outpatient department as small operation room a Female ward and a Maternity block. The hospital was again transferred to the control of government from 1st April 1899.

More information  

INVESTIGATION LABS